Thursday, April 26, 2007

No thanks to all of YOU........

but I came upon a post idea....I was at WORK (yeah, I know...rare event) and was eating lunch (very important). There was a jar of Amish Peanut Butter sitting on the table. I thought...hmmm...what makes peanut butter Amish? Well, I'll TELL YOU. Apparently it must have corn syrup, peanut butter, AND marshmallow cream mixed together. Yeah..and if you look at that website you'll note that there are about twice as many dessert recipes as dinner recipes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever notice how the word Amish has the same root as the word Amy?

Anonymous said...

It's the adjectival form of Amy, I think. As in: "Having one foot on the ground and the other six feet up in the air is such an Amish way to stand!" or "I'm feeling Amish today, so I think I'll do a little creative writing."

Unknown said...

Indeed, or "I'm feeling a bit Amish today, so I'll write a letter to someone on a piece of scratch paper."

Somebody should tell those guys with beards that they don't look very Amish. (although I think the horse and buggy is definitely Amish).

tano said...

Apparently, you should talk about food, grammar, or creative writing on your blog.

Elizabeth said...

Do the Amish really have liquid smoke and Morton's Tender Quick? In case you were wondering, I'm referencing the recipe for Amish Bologna.