Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend update

I'm so happy that it's finally cool and cloudy! I can't believe that I couldn't wait for it to cool down. I guess a whole summer of 90 degree days and a September full of 80 degree days has cured me of the need for sun every day. I think it is going to rain today. Good! Perhaps it's also because I often feel a bit cruddy these days and when the weather joins me in "cruddiness" it makes me feel better! Let's see....went to our neighbor's yesterday for a birthday party for her 90 year-old mother! Lots of family and friends were there....including the couple that used to own our house. They built it and raised three kids here. Obviously they are very proud of this house. We learned a few more tidbits of the history behind it...like how the fireplace in the family room is built like some down in Virginia (I think?) with two extra rows of bricks to keep the witches (!) away! And how some of his students stole a graveyard ornament and gave it to him (! Claims they couldn't find the grave it belonged to)....

Also, of course, watched some of the ND game and saw them sloppily beat Washington.

I take my National Boards this week. Wish me luck. Haven't been too good at studying but I figure that going to work each day is like studying. Dr. J is going to be out of town this week....ugh...I'm a bit nervous about that!!! OK---off to swim at the pool. My goal is to start exercising more now! especially since I"m retired from Ultimate!

No comments: