Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Quiz of the day

So I got home pretty late from work tonight because my boss has abandoned me for two weeks for a vacation Italy to celebrate his 25th wedding anniversary. Hardly a reason to leave me alone in the crazy clinic so soon! I'm NOT happy about it at all and think that the "crazies" and the "worried wells" with laundry lists of problems are going to send me off the deep end. ANYHOOO.....called the husband at about 6:30 and he was still at work......shit...that means the DOG and the CAT were home alone FOR A VERY LONG TIME. Good thing I got the package from Jeffers with dog toys and treats yesterday so Maggs had lots of new things to play with. We find that during the course of the day she moves all her toys from the family room into the bedroom. The ratty old squirrel toy was up ON the bed tonight. No real destruction in the house....she just tore up an old sock. No big deal. C got home first and apparently had a time with the dog and cat. The cat snuck out (remember she's an INDOOR cat with no front claws and she is grey) while the dog was jumping around crazy-excited because he was home. I had to go out when I got home and find the cat. NOW FOR THE QUIZ!!!! I brought out the cat treats and the flashlight in order to find her. Why do cats eyes glow so much when I the flashlight shines in their eyes (therefore making it easier for me to find her in the dark)? It is one of my favorite words!!!

5 comments:

Suefunky said...

I have no idea. Anyone???

amy said...

It's called Tapetum Lucidum. Can't believe nobody knew!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that just brought me back. Nighttimes with the D-O-G's in Oberlin were often punctuated by shrill cries of "TAPETUM LUCIDUM!!!!" from Amy. I still remember the exact inflection....

Anonymous said...

You know, that sounds like a spell from Harry Potter... maybe we could do it to make Amy's eyes glow! :-)

- shana

JohnnyHank said...

I thought it was photosynthesis, but then I remembered cats aren't plants.