Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Random tidbits

Out walking the dog in The Res last night (the small woods across the street from our house). I take two laps through and it only takes about 20-25 min. I've been craving a nice hour long walk in a fall woods lately. I asked a friend at work the other day about suggestions of where to go around here. Her response: "Go to Michigan".

During my walk I had an overwhelming craving (nostalgia?) for eating fresh peaches and real cream with sugar sprinkled on top. I remember eating this when I was a kid up at the cabin during August. Sitting at the kitchen table,probably in my swim suit with a towel wrapped around my waist and my hair still wet from a swim, reading Archie comics, and eating out of one of those little old white bowls.....Man...that was the life!

2 comments:

John G. said...

You realize of course that it would be very easy to re-create that scene. The bowls are still there, the same towels are available (now so thread-bare that you can see through them), and of course Archie awaits on the book shelf. There are even a few new Archies as the next generation has taken a liking to that whole gang.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm.... I still remember ruining one of my favorite shirts dripping peach juice on it- but who cares- those peaches were yummy! only problem recreating is now it is too "upscale" at the cabin, and your chair is probably gone!
- shana