
First ND home game was this weekend and C and I didn't quite know what to expect. We got there at about 11:30 because we weren't sure how parking would be. A quick $10 down and we got a spot in a yard near campus. A yard a bit closer to the field was getting $30! The whole campus was full of students, families, alumni, and lots of energy. Everyone was wearing their ND gear. Barbeque stands all over--many done by student groups to raise money. We picked the Environmental Group stand because they had veggie burgers (a very good one!) versus the Ballroom Dancing club (nothing veggie). The game didn't start until 2:30, so we had more than enough time to walk around and experience the traditions. The Marching Band put on a concert and I decided that Marching Bands are kind of fun---if you were part of the percussion section. Something about the drums! Finally it was time to find our way to our seats. We are behind one of the endzones. Not great, but not too bad. The worst thing was that the seats are just thin wooden slabs and people are packed in like sardines. This stadium was made when the average American adult was about 50 lbs smaller than they are now! It was pretty warm, too, so the first half was a bit uncomfortable. C went and got more water and and an lemon icy for us to share during half and the sun wasn't so warm in the 2nd half. The whole 2nd half was so tense that I didn't notice how packed in we were. It was an exhausting experience....final score 44-41 bad guys! Overtime, too! C and I finally made it home by 8:30 and the only thing that sounded good for dinner for both of us was Mac and Cheese (this trend of mine is a bit disturbing). We were both asleep by about 9:45pm!!! Wow! Now I understand why this is such a big deal to ND students, alumni, etc. I now appreciate it, too. Living in SB/Mish where there really is NOT MUCH GOING ON and then 6 weekends of the year 80,000+ people descend onto the town for a weekend is pretty exciting. Anyone want to come down for the next home game????
1 comment:
What's in a name?
What's In a Name? Plenty, Experts Advise More on Small Businesses When Scott Levy took over as CEO of KAR Printing six years ago, he knew he wanted to narrow the company's focus.
I think your blog is really fascinating> Great job! I hope you will check out my starting a home based business-related website.
Here is the link: starting a home based business. Thanks.
Post a Comment