mint? (or at least in the mint family. i remember this one in the arb at oberlin. i could look it up in my books from school, but i won't until everyone else votes)
Birds - not plants - are my area of expertise, but I'll take a stab. The little white ones on the right are "Lily of the Valley" - and the purple ones on the left are - - - pretty?
Thanks! Now I have the identity of two of the ~100 different plants in my backyard. Anyone want to volunteer to identify the rest - particularly weeds versus stuff that is supposed to be there.
5 comments:
mint? (or at least in the mint family. i remember this one in the arb at oberlin. i could look it up in my books from school, but i won't until everyone else votes)
and lily of the valley.
I concur. Unless Google fails me (and why would it start now), it's purple horse mint, which is an awesome plant name.
And in that vein, I would like to share the following awesome marine-creature names that I learned at the aquarium recently:
Shovelnose guitarfish
Weedy sea dragon
Santa Ana sucker
Black-blotched porcupinefish
Sarcastic fringehead
....and the amazing and inspiring....
WONDERPUS!
Thank you.
Birds - not plants - are my area of expertise, but I'll take a stab. The little white ones on the right are "Lily of the Valley" - and the purple ones on the left are - - - pretty?
Thanks! Now I have the identity of two of the ~100 different plants in my backyard. Anyone want to volunteer to identify the rest - particularly weeds versus stuff that is supposed to be there.
You are all so smart! And thank you Lizard for the added cool-name info! Another plant quiz coming!
Post a Comment