Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday dogwalk...

9:12 The boy grabs his shoes from the basket and brings them to me so I will help him put them on. Time for THE DOGWALK! Welcome to a new feature on SDMOOSE. I hope to bring you reports from our dogwalks a few times a week. But will these reports be interesting enough to keep you reading? Stay tuned!


Here we are at the END of the walk. As you can see, someone insisted that the wagon go along today.

First we had to stop and talk to the neighbor on our way to the woods. She was putting about 4 packages in her mailbox "return to sender". Her 92 year-old mother apparently orders many things from the mail! Maggie loves our neighbor (treats) and The Boy is finally smiling at her. Today he played the fun trick of throwing something out of the wagon multiple times so she would pick it up for him. I thought MY kid wouldn't do that trick! Then he wanted out of the wagon and took off exploring down the road. So, I said goodbye to the neighbor and chased him down.

This is the first time the wagon has been "invited" along on the walk! It worked ok, in that the boy rode in it about 1/2 way. It slowed us down a bit and I think it maybe threw Maggs off a bit as she didn't do her thing that she is supposed to do on the dogwalk! Darn dog. The Boy yelled "DOGGY" a few times on the walk. Another first. Arrival home: 9:59. Time to get going to Ava's for another walk....it's going to be hot here today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hobbled wife here.... I, for one, will enjoy Dogwalk Updates as a regular feature. And, I enjoy hearing all the things you thought YOUR child wouldn't do.... Just you wait! :-)