Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Eve

Such an exciting event at our house this year. The husband was sick with some GI bug and spent all day on the couch trying to keep water down. He couldn't even eat ice cream! The boy and I got kind of bored. The weather was dreary. Rainy. Grey. Cool. We were supposed to go out and get some much needed shopping/exchanges done. Ugh. I was not motivated to do that on my own. I called my sis by 9am, called my mom by noon or so, watched part of English Patient, I-man and I took a nap. I don't think I even took a photo all day?! I called Aunty Assistant Prof. H (AAPH) at 8pm since I really needed to have a conversation with someone! Always can count on AAPH for a good conversation. She was reading a book and trying to stay up past the midnight fireworks, lest they wake her up from a slumber and keep her up. We talked for 88 minutes.

She is the fastest reader I know. I was hoping she'd give me a synopsis of this month's book club book: Galileo's Daughter. She didn't. I've listened to it on books-on-tape, but haven't been able to get even half-way through the book due to the active little 14.5 lb parasite of mine.

2 comments:

tano said...

We talked so long I had to have a snack in the middle.

Anonymous said...

You shoulda been in Minnesota! We had inches of beautiful fluffy snow, followed by a gorgeous sunny 30 degree day on Monday! (See Hobbled Runner: http://hobbledrunner.blogspot.com/2007/01/snow-pictures.html)
- hobbled wife and kids