Saw an article in the S. Bend tribune today about a new cafe that is going to open up in town soon. It's called "Sit and Knit". Just like it sounds, it's a knitting cafe...with knitting supplies for sale and knitting classes all in a cafe atmosphere. Sounds like I should sign up for a class!
Also there is an open house at JFNew Native Plant nursery on Friday that I'm going to go check out. This company and nursery seem like an awesome place. Had I known that the husband and I were going to end up back in the midwest/prairie country and that this place was so close I may not have ditched my ecology career. Hmmmm....perhaps there is a compromise in here somewhere. Half the week as an NP and half the week as an ecologist/native plant person??????
Well, my mother tells me that there are two types of people she likes. Gardeners and knitters. So looks like I'm headed in the right direction to finding some compatible people?
You might be wondering how I'm doing on the job front....not so good....I have a few leads and am waiting to hear back. Trying to find other leads. I'm trying to study for the boards, but summertime is proving to be quite a distraction!
Off to take the Maggs for a long walk.....she looks far to comfortable sleeping on her doggie bed under the desk.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The 'Sit & Knit' name reminded me of your old 'Stitch & B**ch' parties in Baltimore!
We've got a place called The Sow's Ear near Madison that's a knitting/caffeining palace. A fine combo that.
Bryn has some ins at JFNew (she happens to know the Employee of the Year!), so if you need a good word...
Post a Comment