Sunday, February 27, 2005

A daring escape

I'm skipping out of work today! I did GET up to go to work and even got the husband to drive me INTO work and I even WENT to work and even brought in my contribution to the potluck (Trader Joe's cheesecake) I arrived at work and they tell me I'm being floated (evil word!!!) to the OTHER hospital! Now, that's a problem! Needless to say, this was not going to happen! No one had informed me of this 'floating' thing (though they claim they left a message on my machine....they didn't), I had no transportation, looked pale as a ghost (was a awake off and on last night, and don't think I could deal with an unfamiliar unit today). With the backing of my colleagues we came up with a plan for my escape. I, of course, had to call the husband back to come get me (I made sure to give him enough time to get his coffee and made sure to bring him a piece of the cheesecake) and I took off out the front door. I get home and check my email. My friend sends me the link to this article about an 82-year-old woman who refuses to leave the hospital. IS SHE CRAZY? I'm outta there so fast even when they give me a paycheck!

No comments: