Went out to East County today to study with E and went for a hike at Cowles Mountain (sure is nice being a grad student!!) Family members may be interested in the website where I found these pictures. Check out the Mission Trails Regional Park link on the above website. I hope I can drag everyone from the family (including the kids!) out on this hike while they are here over Xmas. I've really started to like the terrain out in East County....it's recovered nicely from the fires and since we've had "so much" rain in the last month it's actually kind of green! We took the dog on the hike...1.5 miles UP to the top. Funny thing I've noticed out here in SD, when you pass someone on a hike or walk they DON'T OFTEN say hello or even make eye contact. AND WE EVEN HAD A CUTE DOG WITH US. It actually pissed me off today! One woman was jogging and we stood to the side to let her by and not even a wave of the hand acknowledging us! So I made it up a little research study on the hike down and said hello or smiled at everyone we passed....got about a 50% response rate. GEEZ!!!
Monday, November 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment