Sunday, July 29, 2007

Why you should wear two pairs of shorts on the dog walk

So yesterday morning we all went for the dogwalk together. I-man, THe Husband, Maggs, and myself. After we had made one circle around the woods it was clear that Maggs needed less commotion in order to get her business done. So, The Husband and The Boy went back home. When Maggs was ready she and I made our way across the bridge and up the stairs. Then I felt a very sharp stinging pain in my right thumb. Then I felt it on my right leg..in at least two place. OUCH. Then I looked down and noticed about 10 bees (or hornets?) IN STINGING POSITION on my shorts! Yikes! I acted VERY quickly and pulled the shorts off, left them on the trail, and ran home! Good thing I was wearing another pair of shorts underneath! Another reason to keep that silly 80's (or was it 90's) style going....
All in all I came out of that incident with 4 bee stings. Maggs was untouched and fortunately I-man didn't get stung either as they had gone home another way. I sent The Husband back over to retrieve my shorts awhile later. He didn't find a nest. I really must have looked pretty funny yanking those shorts off and running home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the husband wear 2 sets of shorts on the retrieval mission?

Anonymous said...

Yikes! We always had to wear shorts under our uniform skirts in Catholic school, but that was so the lustful boys couldn't see anything exciting if we forgot to Sit Like Ladies. Who knew there was actually a practical reason, too?

amy said...

No, the husband did not. Unless you count the Simpson's boxers he was wearing under his shorts.

Anonymous said...

What is it with my wife, bugs, and pulling her shorts off?

I distinctly remember a time we were in a park on in Maryland...we sat down to pull out a bird book, and when we stood up realized that we were covered in ticks! They were on/in our socks, all over our legs, etc. And I remember she had to pull off her shorts that time, too!

Incidentally, I blame that incident on the Black & White Warbler. (Stupid warbler, if I ever get my hands on him...)