Friday, July 07, 2006

Confessions of a tea-drinking vegetarian who loves the outdoors

Or...one could title this "what has happend to me since having the boy". I daydream about turkey sandwiches and decaf lattes while trying to get the boy to sleep and I've become much more fond of hibernating indoors this summer than ever before! The sun and heat are too much for me. I'm much happier just hanging out in the cool dark house. Strange, but I think Maggs (the dog) thinks along these same lines. Except perhaps for the latte?

We're headed to Chicago for the weekend. Staying at a place off of www.athomeinnchicago.com
C to play in the beach frisbee tourny at Montrose Bay and Prof. H and I are going to hang out with the boy. Rumor has it that apt. we're renting has a baby grand piano!

My frisbee days are over, too. The thought of hanging out on the hot beach all day does not sound fun. I didn't have much fun there last year, either. The sand was so hot it burned your feet.

I wonder if they have good turkey sandwiches in Chicago?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about turkey sandwiches, but if you want good hippy vegetarian food, you should go to the Heartland Cafe, right off the Morse El stop (on the red line).