Wednesday, March 01, 2006
You're gonna love this post!
I did my first "surgery" today! I removed an ingrown toenail!!! Numbed the toe and pulled the dang toenail out by myself! Not too much blood, either. For those interested in the procedure here it is on the Amer. Fam. Phys. website. You can scroll down and see a quick drawing of the procedure. First time I saw this done I thought I'd vomit, but did it myself today with no problems. Impressive, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome! High fives!
GROSS!
and congrats!
That's so cool Amy!!!! I had an ingrown nail removed once. I was rehersing for the Nutcracker Ballet and the nail hurt so bad! My teacher kept saying, (in her horrible witch voice, "Bryn stop looking like you're in pain!" My toe was so swollen and throbbing that when the doctor started digging around the outside of the nail to find the lateral-sticky-outy-pointy-hurty part and blood and pus started to spurt out...it felt sooooo good! I had to dance on point in the Nutcracker the evening after the procedure. But it felt fine then. Oh, the doctor who did the proceedure was also in the Nutcracker as one of the parents in the party scene.
Only Bryn would have a story like that!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment