Thursday, March 02, 2006
Working out at work?
Liked this article I read in the SBTribune yesterday about working out at work. I really like this idea of adjusting our workstations (ie treadmill desks) to help us get more exercise at work. It is based on a concept called NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis)...the energy spent on physical activities of daily living. It theorizes that there is more benefit from frequent fidgeting and small movements than from sitting still for days with an occasional hard-core workout.Of course this idea comes the Mayo Clinic in MN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
At this point in my busy life - job, kids, etc - I would love a cube with a treadmill. As it is, I use "The People's Stairmaster" everyday rather than take the elevator at work. I work on the 6th floor and make several trips up and down each day. A colleague of mine has dumbbells in his cube and is always pumping away - I'm not there yet (too embarassing) but I might have to give it a try.
I thought of all work places to install this type of thing it would yours! You might send the administrators this article!
Post a Comment