Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympics

Has anyone else been trying to watch the Olympics? I used to love watching them but have been disappointed and bored with it so far...except for the men's cross-country ski race on Sunday. First....why does Michelle Kuan get so much press? I suppose because she draws so many people to watch the sport...but really, it's not too surprising she had to drop out. Don't quite understand why she went in the first place and not quite so sure why it's so tragic that she "didn't get a gold". She's had her time in the lime light and did pretty darn good for herself. Be happy with that and move on. Second, WHY DO THEY SHOW SO MUCH OF THE DARN SNOWBOARDING. What a totally boring "sport". Isn't it more of an Xgames sport or am I just dating myself? Ugh....perhaps I like the summer olympics more...swimming, gymnastics, soccer, etc. I think I'll go do my yoga video and then call it a night.

3 comments:

JohnnyHank said...

Amy, Amy, Amy...
Why do you hate America?
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Actually, I was mad that Fox put the "season finale" of Arrested Development on Friday night--Sunday night last season, Monday night this season (the few times it was actually on), and then 2 hours on Friday against the Olympics Opening Ceremony. Who did Ron Howard piss off at Fox?

jclseattle said...

my high school classmate chris soule will race in his second olympics, just named again to the us men's skeleton team to replace the teammate who was pulled for drug charges (for hair replacement drugs!). watch chris fly on the ice head first nearly 80 miles an hour, far from boring, on friday night. i love the winter games!
jess

Anonymous said...

I know I'm coming into this late, but I have to say, if I were younger, I'd be all over that 'board-cross' snowboard racing.

I do think a lot of the half-pipe and stunts stuff is stupid, but that event looks wonderful - fast, dangerous - everything you would want in a winter sport....