Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Great Day

I resisted eating a piece of the yucky left-over V-day cake we had at work and so I didn't have a sugar crash this afternoon, had the confidence to tell the front desk people to reschedule my last patient because she was 25 minutes late and I wanted to leave on time tonight to get home to poor Maggs (we are sans Chris this week), got home in 29 minutes tonight instead of 30 minutes, it was still light out when I got home so I took Maggs for a walk through the Res woods. AND the smoking ban in our county just passed! Welcome to the 21st century, South Bend!
>>SOUTH BEND -- The St. Joseph County Council voted Tuesday to override the county commissioners' veto of an anti-smoking ordinance, but promised to meet soon to begin addressing a variety of concerns that have undermined the popularity of the measure....When it goes into effect April 10, the measure will ban smoking in restaurants and most other public places, including stores, shopping malls sports arenas and stadiums.Bars and private clubs would be exempt from the measure.As it currently reads, the measure would ban smoking in private businesses, including in break rooms and designated smoking rooms.That provision will likely be among the first to be addressed, although there is plenty of time for the council to act, as the measure gives businesses a one-year phase-in period from the effective date of the ordinance.


I guess it's the little joys in life that get us through all the other stuff....don't get me started on those things!!!

1 comment:

JohnnyHank said...

Too bad they're exempting bars. Lots of people are still bitching about it here, but I LOVE the smoking ban. I can get a drink after work or see a band and not have to fumigate my clothes when I get home--oh, and not breathing in other people's carcinogens is nice too.