Monday, August 01, 2005
Me and Lance
Yeah....Lance Armstrong and I have a lot in common. We both were on sports teams named POSTAL and wore yellow jerseys. We're the same age. We know more about chemotherapy drugs than the common person (more than we both really would like to know). AND we've both picked this summer as the end of our big sporting career. He finished out with his 7th win in the Tour de France and I finished out playing with the team that won the South Bend Ultimate frisbee summer league tournament this past Saturday. UNLIKE Lance, however, I've not really been at the top of my game for the last couple years. Oh sure, I'll still play pick-up...but I don't think I want to play tournaments anymore where we play 5 games on hot and humid summer days. The legs just can't take it....because we all know I'm not 15 anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment