Heard interesting discussions today on the Diane Rehm show while driving the pooch back and forth from the vet (all clear, by the way!) and thought that both Hobbled Runner and S might be interested in the 11:00 discussion with Richard Louv and his book "Last Child in the Woods" (You should be able to listen to it with Real Player or some such thing soon) They are doing their part by sending the niece to Girl Scout camp where, I hear, she is the only one smart enough to be sporting hiking boots for tromping through the woods. I believe there is some discussion about the Scouts in this book...many Scout groups have found that there is little to no interest in the outdoor camping and hiking activities anymore.
Perhaps the bro would be interested in the 10:00am discussion on Energy???
On a much lighter noter. I also saw this link to a festival in Idaho dedicated to last year's movie Napoleon Dynamite. A totally hilarious movie, by the way, which competes well with some of my favorite comedy classics like 'Airplane', 'Caddyshack', Blues Brothers, and any of the 'Vacation' movies with Chevy Chase.
OK---after all that...I better get off the computer and get outside and enjoy the summer!
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear the pooch is all clear! Does that mean the paperwork is going to be done to make Chris's dog official?? How did you do the clean catch, anyway?
I'm glad to see that you have good taste in movies... you may need to have a little discussion with Bryn about Caddyshack. (She did agree that Napoleon Dynamite was pretty sweet.)
Post a Comment