Saturday, January 05, 2008

Middle-age sport

Since retiring from Ultimate Frisbee two years ago I've been struggling to find another sport. I played soccer for years and then Ultimate for years and really missed that group sport thing and a really good work out. I've done some jogging and walking and cardio machines at the gym, but that just wasn't really the same. I had a great time cross-country skiing in Minnesota over New Year's, but we don't really have the luxury of good snow year-round here. The Holiday abundance of food also seems to have done a number on my waistline as many of my pants aren't really fitting right now, sigh...

Hmm...so I think I may have found my next sport. I'm not going to tell you just YET. First I thought I would get YOUR ideas about what might be a good "middle-age sport" for me. I'm a bit slow and have some trouble with my knees, but am still flexible. I'm sure you will all have some interesting ideas...let's hear them.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Full contact UNO.

tano said...

Aerobics 80s style - Big hair and leg warmers

Elizabeth said...

Golf! It's great in ALL that snow, is SOOO environmentally friendly, easy on the knees, and you get to wear those sexy pants.

JohnnyHank said...

I have 2 words for you...Wii bowling
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2007/12/16/wi/1w.txt

John G. said...

Biking - not sure the impact on your knee. I picture you and the I-Man biking around South Bend. You could get a cool bike with lots of accessories (places to store stuff, etc), and do your errands (shopping, etc) on your bike. That way you get exercise, accomplish "must do" tasks, and reduce your carbon footprint - a 3-fer.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well, duh, Sasha Crosson. FIGURE SKATING! And if your aging body can't keep up with the competition, I'll volunteer to smack your rivals in the knees with a tire iron.

amy said...

Hehehe! You are all so creative! Thank you for your ideas. Will post actual sport in a few...on a new post