Friday, December 01, 2006

Lucky to be in Minnesota???

I-man and I made an adventurous trip this morning to Minnesota. See, the husband took off to Las Vegas for a work talk and I thought I better take the boy home to visit the family once this holiday season if I was to remain in the family. We had to leave home at 5:30am in the pouring rain to get to the airport. This meant I got up at 4:45am. Ugh. Once we got to the airport (the darn new road and traffic circles are hard to navigate to the airport in the dark and rain!! You would think SOMEONE would have thought to put some signs up telling us which direction to go from the round-abouts) we walked from the parking lot carrying bags and the car seat. I had to carry the boy...and he was no help in carrying the bags! It was COLD and RAINY. Why didn't I take a cab??? Oh well....we did make it for our 7:15am flight to Minnesota and sat next to a guy whose flight to O'Hare was cancelled due to the Midwest Storm.

It was a chilly (but sunny!) 7 degrees when we landed in the great land of Minnesota. I-man got his first taste of the eyelash freezing cold air as we exited the plane. Is that really lucky? No snow, but dang cold...guess it's all in what you want from winter. I know my friends and family in California and Hawaii are laughing at us right now!

No comments: